Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goodbye Jake


Today we had to put our cat Jake to sleep. Yesterday he was found on a neighbours drive obviously hurt. We took him to the vet and by the time we got him there he was in shock. Over the next few hours he was obviously fighting to keep going but the vet decided he had been savaged by a dog which had picked him up and shook him. You can't tell in this photo but he was already missing a leg and there was a big wound in his abdomen where the leg would have been and teeth marks on the other side. Both hips were broke and so was his tail.. even then he fought to live and showed progress.. but come this morning he was doing less well and the nerve reactions in his leg were getting worse not better .. he needed them to be OK for any operation to mend the hip to be possible as he wouldn't be able to use the leg without it. When we went to visit it was obvious he wasn't coping and was slipping away so we agreed for the vet to end it..

I am just glad I don't know who's dog did it because I might not be able to restrain myself. It is a dreadful way to go but he never did know when to back away, always stood his ground even when it was stupid to do so and obviously missing a leg didn't help his agility though he would never have admitted that.

Good bye Jake we will miss you very much.

7 comments:

RichT said...

That's terrible.

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your kitty! May he rest in peace.

Julie Spriddle said...

Oh no! This is terrible :'(

I'm so sorry to hear that he's gone and like this. It really is awful. Poor Jake.

*hugs*

Dave said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. Jake was a great cat.

Madeleine Miranda said...

Aww I'm so sorry about Jack, I miss my cats very much too. He was a much loved cat, and I'm sure that he had a great life with you!

*hugs*

ravenrigan said...

Prayers to Bastet for your small warrior. And hugs and love to you and Tom and all your family.

tempus fugit said...

OH, this is such a sad story.. I wouldn't want to think what I would do if my furry boy was hurt and give you a big hug, I'm so sorry for Jake. But I'm sure you'll never forget him and he will be always in your heart...

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.