Sunday, July 01, 2007

jacket














Jacket from the charity shop trawl. I liked the fabric but the length, very unfitted style and horrid gold buttons were very Madam Bucket as Tom said.

Cut 7 inches off the bottom, kept the arm holes and above exactly the same as that fitted well. Took in the side seam on a taper from the arm hole to the bottom. ie none at the arm hole about 1.5 inches at the waist. Also put in a bust dart in the front of the jacket on each side. Finally bound the lower edge with black satin bias binding and changed the buttons to more subtle ones.

I might use the 7 inches I cut off the bottom to make a matching bag.. you can never have too many handbags!

No comments:

Blog Content

All of the photographs on this blog have been taken by Esther, that's me, unless they are being used to link to giveaways etc in which case they belong to the person who I am linking to. All text is my own words.
None of the content of this blog may be used without my permission.